Sunday, March 15, 2009

Who is buried at Grant's Tomb?

Actually, both Grant and his wife...


With beautiful weather, an amazing course, and an awesome crew of volunteers, the race seemed to go off without a hitch. We were without a large number of last week's goons, but we still had some people reppin' the T. After the race, I got a chance to hop onto a subway and explore downtown (thanks to the directions of a Columbia marshal the Nigerian subway attendant!).

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but everyone had aerobars: road bikes, mountain bikes, and oddly some brat on a BMX bike. I think it helped him finish his last 40k TT in under an hour. And I thought it was weird seeing a racer last week smoking a cigarette. Another oddity I noticed last year was someone who sneaked into the Penn State crit with aerobars. I'm so fixed on these strange appliances. If there were much weirder things going down, the above sights would seem normal. Take penny farling crits for example. Extreme...


In case you don't know yet, our next race is in Delaware. Many of you might not know, actually, since I cannot find a bikereg site for it nor any other documentation of it besides some html on the team page. The following weekend is the Philly Phlyer. I would, though, like to change the name of to the Phrilly Philly Phlyer and request that Joe K wears either what he has worn in the past or something along the lines of the latter photo:







6 comments:

Joe Kopena said...

I stand by my beliefs... and the sordid past of the Drexel Cycling team...

Temple Cycling said...

is that a yes?

CoachZ said...

Jay, I do believe you're supposed to do a Points race wearing that tutu, as per our bet concerning Katie at Pittsbugh. Don't think I've forgotten.

katiepushes said...

what the heck jay?! you havent done that yet??

Temple Cycling said...

you altered the odds of that bet!

CoachZ said...

Hmm, excuse me, I don't think the bet was "Jay has to wear a tutu to the points race if Katie does Pittsburgh without you persuading her to do it." Was it, welcher?